Covid 19 Arrangements
Deep Cleaning Plan between guests Updated June 2020
Providing a safe and clean property has always been one of our highest priorities. It’s now more important than ever we have a thorough cleaning procedure and take measures to clean and disinfect the cottage to protect our cleaner and our guests.
COVID-19 is still a relatively unknown virus and how the virus lives on surfaces is yet to be fully understood.
- Cleaner will not work at all if they have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Cleaner will wear mask in case they are contagious but not experiencing symptoms.
- They will wear safety glasses and gloves
- They will wash their hands immediately on arrival (following the correct procedure for handwashing) and immediately after gloves are removed
While the cottage is cleaned thoroughly between guests, the coronavirus requires taking additional steps. Our additional steps include:
- Surfaces will be cleaned first then sanitised with antibacterial cleaner.
- Allow fresh air to circulate the property during the entire cleaning process and guests will be asked to air the property during their stay and on departure.
- Using disposable cloths or paper towels when possible.
- New kitchen cloths and sponges will be supplied for each guest.
- Decorative scatter cushions will be removed.
- Bedding – guests are asked to strip beds, pillow protectors and place linen and bath mat into bags on departure.
- Duvets will be alternated between guests.
- All linens will be machine washed at 60°C (even unused ones)
All surfaces guests come into contact with will be cleaned and disinfected, including:
Surfaces and floor
Window sills and window handles
Key lock box
Ironing board and iron
Plugs and cables
Cabinets & handles
Fridge and freezer inside and outside
Every surface in the bathroom will be disinfected
Toilets – flush handles, seats and lids
Showers and bath
Drawer tops and handles
Cleaning supplies & equipment
Children’s’ items if used:
Finally, as our cleaner leaves the property, the door handle and key will be disinfected.
The cottage will continue to be let on a Saturday-Saturday basis, however, if you wish to arrive a later day, just let us know.
Our check-out time remains at 10am, however check in time is now 4pm – please do not arrive earlier.