Dates for the 2018 North Cornwall Book Festival have now been announced and can be found here.
If you love Cornwall, books, poetry and music the 5th North Cornwall Book Festival could be worth bookmarking. The literary festival takes place in North Cornwall between Wadebridge and Port Isaac, just 6 minutes’ drive from Glen Valley holiday cottage. To escape for a quiet read there are many beaches nearby too.
‘The North Cornwall Book Festival is an ever so slightly eccentric three-day feast of books, writing and word-related pleasures’. from literaryfestivals.co.uk website
The organisers themselves describe the North Cornwall Book Festival as a miniature literary festival and have an impressive gathering of authors and celebrities lined up over the weekend.
Talks, interviews, readings and conversations:
- Dame Hermione Lee, biographer of Virginia Woolf, Penelope Fitzgerald and Edith Wharton
- Costa prizewinner Maggie O’Farrell author of The Hand That First Held Mine and After You’d Gone
- Radio 4 regulars James Naughtie on his new novel and journalist Yasmin Alibhai-Brown talking about politics, feminism and Islam
- Author, poet and playwright Michael Morpurgo, famed for his children’s books
- Acclaimed Cornish artist Rose Hilton talks with eccentric actor Dudley Sutton
- Actress and author of international bestseller When God Was a Rabbit, Sarah Winman
- Sculptor turned poet Pascale Petit will have just published her seventh collection called Mama Amazonica
- Novelist and journalist Matt Haig talking about his new novel for adults
New Cornish talent
Workshops covering biography, poetry, lifewriting and art
Music concerts and a performance of the Four Quartets
Date: 5 – 8 October 2017
Venue: St Endellion church and the Betjeman marquee
Address: St Endellion, Port Isaac PL29 3TP
Organiser web: https://www.ncornbookfest.org
If you’re wondering where to stay for the North Cornwall Book Festival, at the time of writing Glen Valley holiday cottage is available to rent.